Real Estate Category
While on the surface it might seem that overpricing your home is a good idea, the results show otherwise. Whether you are new to selling or not, read on, this will apply to you at some point!
What is happening with York Region Real Estate? Well, that depends on where in York Region you live. Prices, compared to last summer are up anywhere from 1.82% on the low end in a town like Markham to over 10% in East Gwillimbury (N.E. of Newmarket).
This week I wanted to touch upon Capital Gains tax on Real Estate transactions and the impact it has on the sale of your ‘principal’ property…
In July, 2012 new rules that were set in place made it difficult for some to enter our costly GTA housing market. Yet another set of updates was passed on June 27th and is acting more like reinforcement to those in place since last year..
January 1, 2008 Toronto’s 416 area saw its Land Transfer Tax (LTT) roughly double on most Real Estate sales. By now it appears that while this LTT might be 416’s pain, it has proven to be 905’s gain!
Subscribe to our real estate newsletter
- Bidding wars – Love Them? Or Hate Them?
- Toronto Real Estate “Stock Market”
- Why Buying a Condo is likely NOT in ‘Your’ best interest!
- Greater Toronto Area Spring 2014 Market Report
- Tips For Landlords on Finding the Right Tenant
- 5 Years Later – How & Why Canada avoided the Housing Market Crash
- Too Much Debt?